Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Buyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Buyer

Its been awhile- years really and I have finally been able to get my credit scores over 700.  While I was confident on the credit score, I think I acted too fast for preapproval.  I didn't pay down my debt as far as I wanted to before applying.  So now am stressing over the pre approval process.  I am self employed and still owe money to the IRS- will that come up, I am set up as a payment plan.   The last two years tax returns show $25,000/73,000 income.  I have 8000 cc debt and pay $284 for a car loan.  Still owe 2800 on a student loan.  I agreed to pay IRS 800 per month,

Is there any way I can get approved?  What should I pay off next?  CC? Student Loan? IRS?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: First Time Buyer

As long as you don't have a tax lien, I don't foresee any issues. I also owe the IRS as well...been paying on it for 7 years. In April/May I will be done! I am on a $100 per month installment and the balance is $1500 so this year's refund will pay it off fully after I file in April. I have no liens on my credit report. I was pre approved a couple of days ago with a 703 mid fico credit score. I think you will qualify just fine. When do you estimate it will be paid off. I know you will get a bigger refund from the IRS after you owe a home as you will be able to write off all that interest! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.