Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Home Buyer going crazy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Home Buyer going crazy

Hello

I have been reading the boards for a while now. I made an offer on a home on 07/03, counter was made and accepted on 07/04. Inspection was completed on 07/08 and appraisal is scheduled for 07/13. I was pre-approved and am in close contact with my LO, we speak usually daily and he is AMAZING. I am just worried, hopefully for nothing, about getting final approval. I was told the conditions so far have been met and approved, now just waiting for the appraisal (I don't think the house will have a problem appraising, houses in the area are selling for higher with less than mine has). I have been told by my LO that as long as I don't make any major purchases, apply for new credit, co-sign for someone else, etc my loan will fund. I just worry he is just saying that and I have not been sleeping, lol.

I have worked all the numbers repeatedly and my DTI is about 43%. The mortgage is $20 more a month then I am paying in rent. I think logically I believe everything will be fine but emotionally (and I am not an emotional person) I am just waiting for the ball to drop. Oh my mid credit score is 642 and annual income is $50,000, with bonus $53,000. I am getting the home for $76,000. My monthly bills are 900 and the mortgage, taxes, insurance, and PMI per the good faith will be 767. I am going FHA with 5% down.

Can someone just ease my mind, lol.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Time Home Buyer going crazy

Oh also forgot to mention, no late payments in over 2 years, nothing in collections and have been with my company for over 7 years (I work for a public utility so my job should be relatively secure).
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: First Time Home Buyer going crazy

Sounds like you'll have a real good chance to get approved.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.