Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Home Buyer in Cali with good FICO scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Home Buyer in Cali with good FICO scores

Hello all,

Well I'm getting closer and closer to buying my first home in Southern California (The OC) and I could use some advice. I've been doing some research into first time buyers and down payment assistance programs and it can get a bit overwhelming. Here is my situation:

I have FICO scores in the mid 700's and make a descent income. The thing is I don't have much to put down, maybe 7 to 8,000. But I would much rather hold on to that for other things and get 100% financing. I've been reading about down payment assistance with deferred payments till you sell the home. This sounds good to me. Any advice would help. Thanks everyone.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Time Home Buyer in Cali with good FICO scores

With 700 Ficos you will have no problems! The only thing is in So Cal... I'm sure you are going to pay bucks for your house. I'm going to need a purchase price. On FannieMae loan the max is 417K and after that its a Jumbo loan and the rules change. Now... with no down payment you will have PMI but send me a pvt message and I will send you information on a 8 hour class that you can take that will save you money on PMI. Good Luck!

sdlt21 wrote:
Hello all,

Well I'm getting closer and closer to buying my first home in Southern California (The OC) and I could use some advice. I've been doing some research into first time buyers and down payment assistance programs and it can get a bit overwhelming. Here is my situation:

I have FICO scores in the mid 700's and make a descent income. The thing is I don't have much to put down, maybe 7 to 8,000. But I would much rather hold on to that for other things and get 100% financing. I've been reading about down payment assistance with deferred payments till you sell the home. This sounds good to me. Any advice would help. Thanks everyone.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.