Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First-Time Homebuyer Seminar

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First-Time Homebuyer Seminar

I am going to start hosting a monthly or bi-monthly seminar for first-time homebuyers. If you had this opportunity in your area, would you go? What topics would you like to see covered? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alljada22
Established Member

Re: First-Time Homebuyer Seminar

Hello,

Yes I would go, I'm a first time home buyer. I would like to know about lender, credit, down payment assistance, the basic what to educate yourself on during the home buying process.

Thanks Dpeezy

Message 2 of 11
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I think it would be a good idea to meet with individuals/couples one on one after the seminar to discuss their personal concerns.  It is hard to pipe up in a group of strangers and talk about your BK or other credit problems.   In one on one, you can advise them and they can be confident that it is just between you guys.  A lot of people are embarssed to talk about their credt problems in a group setting (erroneously assuming everyone else has 780 FICO's and you are struggling to get to 620.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd definitely attend. Some topics would be:

How much house can I afford

When to begin searching for a lender

What the lender will require as far as documentation

Insurance and taxes

Average interests rates

Common Credit hurdles and remedies

The differences between FHA, VA, and conventional loans

I'm sure there are many many more, but these are some of the questions heavy in my search rotation.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! "Where do I start?"
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great advice all around so far - thank you!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh & "Am I ready?"
Message 7 of 11
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Just like any other major purchase.....be careful what you asked for...now comes the responsibility and maintenance , taxes etc. Make buyers aware of what happens you own the home, financially includin credit report wise.

Message 8 of 11
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am going to start hosting a monthly or bi-monthly seminar for first-time homebuyers. If you had this opportunity in your area, would you go? What topics would you like to see covered? Thanks in advance!

Terrific. Maybe we could have a title rep advertise here for title-related services. I'm a builder rep so I may troll here for new construction buyers too. We have many real estate agens who post here so I'm sure they'd be happy to advertize here for customers too.

Go for it. If it works out for you advertising here,  some of us might just follow your lead. Wish that I had thought about using this community to originate business too.

Message 9 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ezdriver wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Terrific. Maybe we could have a title rep advertise here for title-related services. I'm a builder rep so I may troll here for new construction buyers too. We have many real estate agens who post here so I'm sure they'd be happy to advertize here for customers too.

Go for it. If it works out for you advertising here,  some of us might just follow your lead. Wish that I had thought about using this community to originate business too.

^^^I thought dpeezy was talking about a live seminar in his area and just looking for topics to cover here from a first time buyers POV.  Correct me if I am off base dpeezy...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.