cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Homebuyers...do we qualify?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Time Homebuyers...do we qualify?

I live in Houston also and I am getting ready to apply for my home loan. I was preapproved in December but I know that I needed to raise my scores up to get a good rate. I have raised my score on EQ up from 483 to 602. The thing is I am waiting for the SPCO Credit bureau to report my account to Trans and Experian. I am so scared that the score won't be good enough when they finish adding the account. We close in June and it's getting close to the time of locking in. Could somebody help me!!! I'm getting scared!!!! With Trans and EXP, they are 543 and 581. Now Trans have not changed since Feb. Do you think that the account being added will help my score in time. The account have been open for 24 months and we only owe $96.00 on it. Never late.
Message 31 of 35
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

bkadams, start a thread on this in Understanding FICO Scoring. You will get some good responses to your questions. Add a little more detail about the TL if you could, as well as your over CH (ie. revolving? CL, etc.). GL

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well judgement paid off and removed and took care of one that was reporting ugly and paid everything off and scores are now 602 but lender still only wants to get us into $92k. Says that amount is from the computer automatically saying yes and doesn't want to try manually because if they say no then they can't loan us anything at all. What do you suggest..Shane?
Message 33 of 35
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

You need to do the manual underwrite if you need more....
You can always go to a different lender if you need to fall back on the $92K

Curious.... did they tell you what you needed to do to get approved for more? Maybe a couple of more % down or more reserves?

Retired Lender
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they said there is nothing more to do. It's the 2 vehicles @ $1100 month
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.