Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Mortgage Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Mortgage Help

Dear All

Please help with some of your great advice, I live in NJ (Bergen County - 07446) and would like to purchase a house in the region of $420,000.  I have no down payment yet (In apporximately a year I will have in the region of $20,000) and a credit score of 770.

My question is would I qualify for a LTV / 80-20 mortgage right now, my current rent is $1900 / month, with all the add ons for a monthly mortgage payment in my current situation right now (PMI etc) is it advisable for me to enter into the property market now or hold out for a more substantial deposit.

My current salary is $105,000 per year.  Also - what mortage brokers could you sugest for a situation like me.

Thank-you so much

Richard...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
OneMortgageGuy
Regular Contributor

Re: First Time Mortgage Help

I would try to get the purchase price to or below 417,000! That will keep you from getting a jumbo loan.

As for the 80/20 loan... Well let me know if you find one. Most banks are doing away with that type of loan

I was doing loans in NJ and the market is better than most but then again who knows what can happen

As for your down payment you should be ok. Keep in mind that lending guidelines change everyday!! Keep your scores up and save up some money.

RJWilson wrote:
Dear All

Please help with some of your great advice, I live in NJ (Bergen County - 07446) and would like to purchase a house in the region of $420,000.  I have no down payment yet (In apporximately a year I will have in the region of $20,000) and a credit score of 770.

My question is would I qualify for a LTV / 80-20 mortgage right now, my current rent is $1900 / month, with all the add ons for a monthly mortgage payment in my current situation right now (PMI etc) is it advisable for me to enter into the property market now or hold out for a more substantial deposit.

My current salary is $105,000 per year.  Also - what mortage brokers could you sugest for a situation like me.

Thank-you so much

Richard...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.