Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First mortgage payment question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First mortgage payment question

Well after a long first 7 months of the year, my wife and I are closing on are very first home this coming week. And surprisingly enough it's thru quickens loans. Although I've read a lot of negative threads here and else where on the web, I have to say things have gone quite smoothly with quicken. The only real bump in the road was a seasoning issue that sellers realtor wasn't aware of when dealing with FHA financing. But that's just me rambling on, let me get to my intended question. I was wondering if quicken or any mortgage company have ever given any sort of grace period before the first mortgage payment is made? We don't really need it , but it would be nice to have a month or two off from that payment if possible. Any input would be appreciated tks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First mortgage payment question

So I think I may have found an answer to my own question. From what I've read your first full interest and principal payment on your mortgage is due the first say of the second month after closing. We're set to close August 2nd, so in theory are first full mortgage payment would be October 1, 2012? Is this correct? Tks ahead of time for any responses
Message 2 of 8
vegas757
Valued Member

That's what my mortgage banker and a few lenders told me what typically happens, unless you're told otherwise.

Message 3 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

We closed August 19 and our first pmt was due 10/01. The rest is part of your "prepaids" at closing.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 8
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well after a long first 7 months of the year, my wife and I are closing on are very first home this coming week. And surprisingly enough it's thru quickens loans. Although I've read a lot of negative threads here and else where on the web, I have to say things have gone quite smoothly with quicken. The only real bump in the road was a seasoning issue that sellers realtor wasn't aware of when dealing with FHA financing. But that's just me rambling on, let me get to my intended question. I was wondering if quicken or any mortgage company have ever given any sort of grace period before the first mortgage payment is made? We don't really need it , but it would be nice to have a month or two off from that payment if possible. Any input would be appreciated tks

My wife and I got preapproved through Quicken about a week and a half ago.  I think they have been extremely nice and helpful as well.

Could you give me any information as what is required to close?

• How many W2 tax statements did they want to see?
  • Paystubs?
  • How far back do they want to see of Checking/Savings Accounts
  • How much do they want to see in reserves?
  • Did you get any lender credits? Could you apply them to closing?
  • Anything else you can add that would be helpful?

Thanks in advance for your info and insight!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

It really depends on when you close. I believe if you close before the 5th of the month, your payment is due the following month, but your closing paperwork and LO/Broker will know.

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccube
They wanted to see 2 years worth of w2's atleast 3 months history in banks accounts, also a few explanation letters for all credit applied for In the last year and if you were given or denies credit for those instances. You'll also pay a upfront deposit to cover any cost incurred by quicken before closing. IE appraisel for the home you eventually have under contract. Lenders credits are a case by case basis, that will have a lot to do with the loan program u go with. hope that helps a little bit. Above all just be patient it will always seem slower then u think it should be going.
Message 7 of 8
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Thanks Matt,

We are doing new construction and our home will not be complete until at least April of next year.  I just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before closign so there are no surprises!! I appreciate your help!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.