Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time Homebuyers Class

tag
MzKoli
Contributor

First time Homebuyers Class

So we found a down payment / closing cost asst program through the state of MD that will loan you up to 10k at 0% interest payable at sale, refi, etc of mortgage loan it also gives a good rate (as of today 2.75%). It has income limits which we meet and we have to complete a prepurchase workshop and counseling session to be certified to participate. My question is the counseling requires a credit pull, bank statements, pay stubs, w2s ... so if everything isnt good to go at that time will we not rcv our certificate and have to go through it again? Our workshop is this upcoming Sat. I ask because our LO just pulled our credit last week and the state tax lien is not showing released so we sent a copy of the satisfied and released notice to the CRAs and I'm assuming it'll take 30 days to update. According to her this is the only thing holding up our pre approval. So shld I wait until the CRAs update before scheduling the counseling? Also will their credit pull be hard or soft?? I hope soft because a hp is no help in this situation at all...

Oh and also the program ends 6/30/13 so we have to be on contract with a house by then to reserve our funds ... no pressure
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
buckeyelady84
Contributor

Re: First time Homebuyers Class

Ohio has a similar program. It was a soft pull. I completed the one on one couseling. I'm going to the workshop next week.
Starting 8/12 EQ- 522, TU 542. Current 5/14 EQ-664 TU-686 EX-unk
Goal to keep building up my credit.
Message 2 of 3
MzKoli
Contributor

Re: First time Homebuyers Class

I tried to schedule a counseling session but they said we have to go to the workshop first before they'll even schedule one. I think we'll be cutting it pretty close time wise but we'll see.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.