cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time buyer - FHA

tag
portsnhman

First time buyer - FHA

I'm glad I found this forum.  I need some advice.

On June 23rd, I toured a builder's property and made an offer on a new construction town home.  My credit scores were in the tank (upper 500's) due to poor credit management a few years back.  I worked with a Debt Manager and paid off all delinquent accounts, completing this process in mid 2010.  When I started working with the builder's lender, I was advised I had a judgment from 2006 that showed up on my credit report.  It was not there, nor, did I have any knowledge of it.  I worked with an attorney friend of mine who suggested, for the time being, I pay it off so that it would not show as open.  I did that.

The closing date was set for July 31 and as a result of a rapid rescore, my credit scores became 658, 610, and 597.  They are giving me a second chance and asked me if I could afford to pay down three of my current 5 charge cards.  I paid them all down to $50.  I am now being sent for a second Rapid Rescore.  They advised me that it should raise my credit score by an average of 40 points.

Do you think I will be approved?  And, since I am now renting, would you agree I not give a notice until I have the keys in hand?

Home purchase price is $319K.  Salary is $126000.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: First time buyer - FHA

Don't give notice until you are closed, funded and keys in hand.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.