Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time buyer after graduation

tag
adamcc91

First time buyer after graduation

Hello all, 

Here is my situation; my girlfriend and I are about to graduate college.  We are both 22 years old, she will be a nurse who is expecting to make about 50k.  I however am planning on taking over my family's business.  I am expecting to make about 40k.  (We will be engaged before we apply for the loan)

I have been blessed to have my tuition paid for, she however has about 50k in loans.  I think this will be manageable with our income together.  

We would like to by a house pretty soon after we graduate in May.  She has been working for a hospital for about a year and a half now, I "techinically" have not worked for our business.  But I am garunteed a job once I graduate. (I go to school out of state)

Anyways, here is my question.  Do you think we would have an issue getting a loan with both of us getting jobs without a decent amount of previous year income?  

Idealy we would like to get a house somewhere in the 250k range.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: First time buyer after graduation

@adamcc91 wrote:

Hello all, 

Here is my situation; my girlfriend and I are about to graduate college.  We are both 22 years old, she will be a nurse who is expecting to make about 50k.  I however am planning on taking over my family's business.  I am expecting to make about 40k. <= i dont think that income will be eligible.  (We will be engaged before we apply for the loan) 

I have been blessed to have my tuition paid for, she however has about 50k in loans.  I think this will be manageable with our income together.  

We would like to by a house pretty soon after we graduate in May.  She has been working for a hospital for about a year and a half now, I "techinically" have not worked for our business.  But I am garunteed a job once I graduate. (I go to school out of state)

Anyways, here is my question.  Do you think we would have an issue getting a loan with both of us getting jobs without a decent amount of previous year income?   if the job is in the same line of work as your degree, job history doesnt matter. i have had people close with 1 paystub out of college.

Idealy we would like to get a house somewhere in the 250k range.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.