Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time home buyer - Going FHA - Income and tax questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time home buyer - Going FHA - Income and tax questions

I thought you had the 2007 W2's?  If not, you'll need to ask your employer to send you a copy I guess. Not sure if you can still efile for 2007.  Sorry.
Message 11 of 29
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I am missing one of them.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crap. I think you have to get it from your employer.
Message 13 of 29
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

That is going to present a problem, I had sued my previous employer for violating California labor laws, it ended up being a class action lawsuit that was just recently settled. I doubt they want to hear from me or will even accept my phone calls or emails.

800+ Club
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

They probably don't want to hear from you after that. Though I don't think they can deny you that.  They could drag it out and take forever to get it to you, but I can't see how they can refuse to issue you the W2. Maybe you want to work with an accountant and have them request it. 
Message 15 of 29
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Just as I figured, I called them and when I asked to be transferred to HR. They asked me who was calling, I announced myself and they said that they are not allowed to speak to me and all requests need to be funneled through their lawyers. **bleep** IT.

800+ Club
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call their lawyer. You aren't asking for anything wrong.  Just tell them what you are looking for and that when you tried to call they told you that you have to communicate through them. If they want to pay their lawyer to deal with you, let them!
Message 17 of 29
qdacious

The 2007 taxes will have to be filed by mail, you can only e-file taxes for the previous tax year (2008).
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can order past 1040 & W2 directly from the IRS.  When your employer issued you a W2, a copy was sent to the government as well.  Go to www.irs.gov to find out how you can get a free copy.

Agreed with the previous posters, you are not going to approve for a mortgage, ESPECIALLY not a government insured mortgage with unpaid taxes.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a side note.  I am a volunteer tax preparer for the IRS.  You will want to get this done asap.  Interest on what you owe starts accumulating after the tax deadline.  So you are looking at about ten months of interest already, plus a penalty.

As far as getting your W-2 from the IRS, you had to actually file a return to get this information.  Then you would request a copy of your return on Form 4506 (this would include the W-2 info).  Otherwise, it must be obtained through the employer.

By any chance, do you still have a copy of the last pay stub from that employer?  It should match the exact values of the W-2. 

I agree with UPUPUP, if you need to contact the lawyer, now is the time to do it.  

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.