Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time home buyer.....Inspection and Attorney approval

tag
rubu
Valued Member

First time home buyer.....Inspection and Attorney approval

Hi Folks....

As you all know I am first time home buyer. House I am buying is 2003 built home (10years old)  Me and sellers agreed to a price on 03/11 and it is contingent upon inspection and attorney approval. Attorney approval is not done yet. I just completed house inspection. Few items were noted and and needs to be addressed.

My main concerns following,

1. Water heater and air conditioning units are closer to its end of life time (mentioned by the manufacturer).  I am concern because I do not want to get a huge bill of putting new things in just when we move in.

2. During the water fill in the Jacuzzi tube on the 2nd floor and when running. The noise level on the 1st floor is really bad. Inspector said the best is to insulate it.

3. Hard wood floors are discolored where the seller has put carpets. 

4. There is crack in the outer basement  wall and inspector said it needs to be sealed not big thing to be concern.

Overall house is in great shape.

Am I being an ass by asking to fix these? Or asking money from the seller?

Also...end of Monday is the deadline for me to complete the Attorney approval. Should I complete that or hold it until I negotiate this with the sellers? Please help me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: First time home buyer.....Inspection and Attorney approval

You definitely want to have that AC unit aging issue addressed above everything else as a new AC unit costs $3500-$6000, and with summer coming up, if it breaks, you don't want that enormous burden after you just move in. AC units rarely last much longer past their expected lifetime. That was a BIG issue with the house I was renting and the landlord refused to address it along with all the major issues, so we ended up buying a different house.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.