Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time home buyer qualification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time home buyer qualification

I understand that the this for the tax credit requires you to be a first time home buyer. I am very close as far as the three year marker. However, I am currently unable to retrieve my mortgage info as to exactly when the title was transferred. Can anyone give insight as to where I can double check this info? County records? Taxes? I am currently overseas so I am hoping for something online.

I want to be sure I check the same info that the IRS will be checking...any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time home buyer qualification

You may be able to find out online. I can search a database of real estate transfers for my county and other ones near by. You could also contact the county auditor. I've asked over the phone and they will give it out because it is public record.
Message 2 of 7
ponderous
New Contributor

I know in Washington State you can find this information on the County Assessor's website for any property sold, as it is considered a public record.
Elizabeth
3/23/09 - Eagle Home Morgage pulled a 742 on me?!!! WooHoo!!!!

3/16/09
TU 708
EQ 692
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A quick question on this matter. Selling a mobile that was on leased land in a mobile home park "about" three years ago.... still qualify me for the FTHB tax credit? I ask because I have read that mobile homes in parks are considered personal property rather than real state.

I close on my house March 10th and that time period should be real close to the  3 year timeline. If it really matters for this situation??

Thanks,

Richard

Message 4 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I can't answer the mobile home question.  But to the OP you should be ablt to go to your county Recorder's wesbite as most allow access to the public now a days.   

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 7
GFer
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

A quick question on this matter. Selling a mobile that was on leased land in a mobile home park "about" three years ago.... still qualify me for the FTHB tax credit? I ask because I have read that mobile homes in parks are considered personal property rather than real state.

I close on my house March 10th and that time period should be real close to the  3 year timeline. If it really matters for this situation??

Thanks,

Richard

One would think so, but don't if that differs by state. I'm in MO and mobile homes are considered Personal Property---not real estate if in a park (just as you said). Easy way to figure that is did you pay personal property tax on it or real estate taxes?

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid tax on the mobile home, not on the property that it sat on. And after looking over my paper work ...the date sold was 2/15/2006. On the new home I'm closing on 3/10/2009 so it looks like it past the three year mark either way. The other reason I was asking this question was because I saw on a list of homes that qualified for FTHB tax credit were manufactured homes, again a home land package or any? hmmm 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.