cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time home buyer

tag
DaPolitician

First time home buyer

Hey Everyone I've been  using myfico for about 3 years now pulled my scores from the high 500's to as of RIGHT NOW my Transunion score of 720 and my Equifax score of 741.... my experian score is somewhere in between there i'm assuming.

I was wondering what kind of rates could I get with this score on a new home... I'd love a place of my own. Right now i have $19,000 in savings and $2000 in bonds...

Anyone know how much house this would get in the NYC area or neighboring suburbs (westchester or nassau county)

Also I think i can save up about another 3000 in the next 2 months if i work both jobs... any info would help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time home buyer

@DaPolitician wrote:

Hey Everyone I've been  using myfico for about 3 years now pulled my scores from the high 500's to as of RIGHT NOW my Transunion score of 720 and my Equifax score of 741.... my experian score is somewhere in between there i'm assuming.

I was wondering what kind of rates could I get with this score on a new home... I'd love a place of my own. Right now i have $19,000 in savings and $2000 in bonds...

Anyone know how much house this would get in the NYC area or neighboring suburbs (westchester or nassau county)

Also I think i can save up about another 3000 in the next 2 months if i work both jobs... any info would help.

You're credit scors are really good,but to know what you'll be able to get for about a $40K down payment/closing costs, you'll need to state what your income is, have you been at your job for more than 2 years?  and what your monthly debts are. 

Message 2 of 4
DaPolitician

ive been at my job 2 years now... Last year my salary was 60,000 but that was an abberation due to retro check money. So my base this year is 42,000 plus overtime, night differential and holiday pay which could push me to 50,000.

My Debts and bills are:

Express credit card $480 in total

American express blue $1441 (which i just paid off but they didnt report it on any report yet...)

Car payment of $258.44

and Monthly Car insurance of $209

Cell phone 87

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overtime isn't looked at the same as Base Pay.

You live in a VERY expensive area.....that I think nixes the single family home option.

You might be dissapointed when you see what your money can buy in those areas.

I'd check out ZipRealty to see if there is anything that would be in your price range.

Good Luck!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.