Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time home buyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time home buyer

I am 23 and looking to buy a house with my soon to be fiance.  I am new to this and really don't even know where to start.  I am not going to buy right away, but would like to do as much as I can know to be ready.  My eq score is 771 hers is 709.  My only negitive is not enough history for loans.  Her negitives were not enough revolving history and not enough loan history.  She also had a balance on a card, she was never late, but that will be paid off and we will not use credit cards for a few months before we buy a home.  She just graduated and makes 33000 salary as a state employee.  I am about to graduate and will be making about the same as her as an hourly employee.  We will have about 60000 in student loan debt...I think we will pay 700 a month?  We have 300 in car payments and no credit card debt.  We live in MO and are looking for a single family home and should be able to save around 10 or 15k to put down.  Is there anything we need to do to prepare, such as get more credit cards to boost score?  How much can we get approved for? Also, we would like to get that nice 8k bonus so we would need to get it befor Nov.  Would us getting new jobs hurt us even if we had jobs before that?  And are there any special incentives we should try to get, I know of only the 8k?  Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time home buyer

I don't have much advice, but if she's a state employee, check into any programs that may benefit her. I've seen some that help out government employees. Good luck!
Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

https://ilnet.wellsfargo.com/ildocs/whole/DAP_States/MO.htm

Here are some down payment assist programs.

You will likely be fine.

Not concerned about the new jobs if they are somewhat related to your schooling.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DallasLoanGuy,

Do you know of any DP programs in the Dallas area?

Message 4 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

I have done Dallas MAP and city of Garland and Ft Worth

There are many more.

https://ilnet.wellsfargo.com/ildocs/whole/DAP_States/TX.htm

Not a complete list.

Ask your realtor about your area.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this only if I use Wells Fargo to get a loan?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.