Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time home purchase

tag
Evil1980
Valued Member

First time home purchase

Have the house selected, the price locked in at $180k, and about 6 months before purchasing home. It is my friends home that he is selling me for less than value for $180k and does not want to use a realtor. We are waiting on his new home to be completed in construction. Have been approved by lendor with score under 640 but want to do the best to get the best deal. Have 2 negative item that are paid in full, and 1 public record that was paid in full 4 years ago. I only have $6k worth of debt but more than $20k available. Only 2 cards are older than a year and Plan on paying about $4k off in less than a month. The major problem I have is that all three CRs show between 30-40 inquires in the last two years. What are the best and quickest ways to improve my scores in 6 months?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time home purchase

Pay down revolving debt, let inquiries age, and try to get derogs removed via goodwill letters or PFD. Visit the rebuilding subforum for examples on GW/PFD. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.