Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time homebuyer closed in 2 weeks!

tag
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

First time homebuyer closed in 2 weeks!

I have been a lurker on these boards for several years.  In late July, I decided to explore my options to purchase a new home.  Went through the preapproval process and started my home search in early August.  Found a new construction property that I liked.  Signed the purchase contract on August 15th and today I closed (yes 2 weeks later).  I thought the process would've been daunting especially after reading some of the horror stories on here but thanks to a great realtor and loan officer they made it happen. 

Lessons learned:

1. Do your homework and be prepared.  This site helped me alot.

2. Get all of your documents (paystubs, tax returns, bank statements, etc.) ready in electronic format.

3. Shop around and do not take no for an answer.  I dealt with two different loan officers from the same company and they were night and day.  

4. Be prepared for any bumps along the way.  There were some stressful moments but overall it was a breeze.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: First time homebuyer closed in 2 weeks!

Congratulations! Enjoy your new home Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: First time homebuyer closed in 2 weeks!

Sweet! All the best with your new home.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.