Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Floating Rate????

[ Edited ]
I recently applied for a FHA mortgage loan through Bank of America...the builder told me they have a guaranteed 5.875% rate through their preferred lenders...but then turned around and said it's not guaranteed through BoA...I was approved through BoA last year...but that did not go through because of moving to a new state, with a new job, and a new pay...and with worst scores than I have now...and the process was fairly easy..I bank with them and would rather go the the mortgage loan with them...when I called she said the rate would be a floating rate...and it wouldn't be locked until closing...what does this mean for me...with a FHA loan...what's the highest this rate can go up to...I live in Houston, TX...here's my profile:

Scores: TU-643 EX-618 EQ-594
Pay: $21.50/hr - 58 hrs/week
Debt: $359.00 Car note and $80.00 CC's
Wifes Debt: $65.00CC's

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 05-05-2008 01:35 PM
Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Re: Floating Rate????

They won't lock it?

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

I know...they won't lock in the 5.875%..but I don't understand the whole floating rate thins...your a LO...maybe you can explain a little for me...what's the highest it can go up to with a FHA...what makes it floating...and at what point is it locked...
Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Noone czn predict rates... but they have been going up/down for many months and I don't suspect that it will change.

Float just means that you hav'e locked it. Locking is something we do in our secondary marketing dept to ensure that we can deliver the rate promised.

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+