Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flooded with weekly letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flooded with weekly letters

Within just one week after closing, I started receiving letters from various companies wanting to insure my mortgage.  They are  arriiving from different companies weekly.   Can this be stopped?  I've already opted out of prescreen offers and advertisements.   

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Flooded with weekly letters

When I closed in May, I received those types of letters for about 3-4 weeks.  Then they stopped.  There wasn't anything I could do about it, that I know of.

I opened all "junk" mail that resulted from the purchase.  What I wasn't interested in, I shredded.  

I did really appreciate the $10 gift certificate for Whole Foods and the coupon for the free swifter.  Smiley Happy  It paid (for me) to open all the new junk mail!  Smiley Happy

Congrats on your purchase!

Message 2 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Within just one week after closing, I started receiving letters from various companies wanting to insure my mortgage.  They are  arriiving from different companies weekly.   Can this be stopped?  I've already opted out of prescreen offers and advertisements.   

They care about you. They want to help you. They like you. Sned them than you notes and give them the bird ... in a drawing of course. lol

These must be for life insurance to cover the mortgage payoff amount when you die right?

Message 3 of 4
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

My junk mail has been pretty good to me since closing as well.  I've scored a few Lowe's coupons as well as Target and Best Buy.  They actually came in handy with some purchases that I was going to make anyway.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.