cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folks who have applied or closed with Navy Federal (NFCU)

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Folks who have applied or closed with Navy Federal (NFCU)

I have no experience with Navy Fed, but congrats on your scores.

I went back and reread your original post. You are looking for a 5/5 ARM? With int rates being so low, are you considering a 30-yr fixed? I didn't think there was a big difference in rates between fixed and ARM nowadays.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 11 of 19
BeingMaryJane
Contributor

I don't plan to be in the home 30 years, maybe not even 7. I will probably have to move for work.. Most likely..

But I'm open to programs. NFCU's arm is 2.5.. I know a fixed is 3.5.. I guess we'll see after they run my credit and tell me my rate.
Message 12 of 19
jcrsmom
Contributor

When we closed in Sept., there was a 2% difference between the two loans. We opted to go with the 5/5.

Current EX Score: 760

Message 13 of 19
jcrsmom
Contributor

Fixed is that low now? We closed in Sept. and it was over 5% and we had mid 700 credit score. We ended up going with the 5/5 Arm and closed at 3.875%.

Message 14 of 19
kelle711

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or maybe this is something everyone knows and I am just late to the party. I recently applied with Navy Federal for the 5/5 ARM. The loan officer said my pre-approval had to be based on the "worst case scenario " which meant the initial rate plus the 1st max adjustment. So I ended up with a much lower than expected max preapproved purchase amount. Also for 3/5 arm, 5/5 arm, and homebuyers choice you need at least 6 months reserves. I didn't know any of this when I applied and wish I did. I would have adjusted my expectations accordingly.
Message 15 of 19
jcrsmom
Contributor

I wonder if it was due to whatever your situation was? We didn't have to do or have any of that. Our experience was great.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did any of you all who closed with NFCU take advantage of the Realty Plus program and used one if its realtors?  How long did it take to receive the cash bonus after closing?  

Message 17 of 19
jcrsmom
Contributor

No since we already had a realtor.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told it takes appx. 4 weeks after closing.  I am planning on doing this myself, in the next month or so.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.