Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those of us on the path.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those of us on the path.....

Just wanted to see how everyone still looking to buy this year or in the near future are doing? I find enjoyment in reading everyone's progress and triumphs! It gives a young buck like me (25 yo) something to push forward to, so I wanted to start a thread for the "On the path" folks that could house our updates and progression....

For me: Hubby, 16 month old daughter and I, have been living with my parents since March. We have cleaned up all the negs on our reports, he does still have 4 old med collections on there, but our broker friend said not to touch them right now. We got a secured credit card that we use and pay responsibly as a good TL, and we have a never late car loan that will be done in November (which I was told since its less than 6 months away from being closed, it wouldn't factor in our DTI). We save $1600+ a month just by living with my parents, which I think is crazy awesome (Thanks Mom and Dad!!). Our scores went from the high 400's  - low 500's in 2008 to the high 500's - low 600's just from me getting info while lurking before posting on this site. Our lender said our compensating factors will make up for our scores not being at 620 right now, but since we're not in that big of rush (haven't found a house that makes me feel all warm and mushy inside yet, but we're hoping to find something of course by November), we're just continuing to save and look at houses.

Prayerfully, we'll all be posting pictures of our new houses on the "Pictures of the House you Closed On..." thread. Good luck to all!!

JLee

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For those of us on the path.....

Hi J-Lee!  I really enjoyed the positive tone of your post.  I too am new to the boards, and don't you just love 'em??  I've learned so much in the short time I've been a member and everyone is so friendly and generous of their time and knowledge.

Could I ask what font you are using in your post?  I really like it, plus it is very easy on the eyes.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!

BigTrees

Message 2 of 7
happy0510
Established Contributor

Well, my BF and I are planning on buying by this time next year.  We said screw the 8K credit cause it isn't big enough to sway us from buying when we aren't TRULY ready.  We keep saying we are going to save but...haven't Smiley Sad

I talked to a LO and layed everything out on the line and was told we could qualify that day but we just aren't ready yet!! 

So, for us...next year!! Yay!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are just about done! I will be leaving for our final walkthrough in about 45 minutes, then we will go straight to closing from there. Scheduled to close at 2pm and we are moving tomorrow! I posted the other day about how helpful this site has been for me. I found this place just a few months ago and in that time got my credit score up 40 points, got approved for a loan, found a house and have made it through to closing! There is no way this would be happening this year without this site!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BigTrees!! Actually the font is comic sans, my fav is century gothic, but that's not an option here, so this is my second choice Smiley Happy There are actually so many knowledgable, helpful and friendly people on here that its funny to me to actually find a board with all 3 of those qualities. 

Happy, I totally understand your point about waiting to buy until you're completely ready. DH and I found out we were expecting a couple of months after our wedding. We wanted to buy that same year but we took it as the Big Guy upstairs was telling us to focus on the baby and the house will come after. So 16 months later, here we are, that's our next in line goal, and we're on the right track!!! Good luck to you and your BF!! 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We are just about done! I will be leaving for our final walkthrough in about 45 minutes, then we will go straight to closing from there. Scheduled to close at 2pm and we are moving tomorrow! I posted the other day about how helpful this site has been for me. I found this place just a few months ago and in that time got my credit score up 40 points, got approved for a loan, found a house and have made it through to closing! There is no way this would be happening this year without this site!

Congrats Erin!!!! I remember reading that post!!! And that makes two people that post here (Phoenix too) that are closing as we speak!!! We don't know each other, but I'm soooo excited for you!! I'll be lurking on the other posts for those proud pictures of your new home!! Don't cry as you sign your name, I know I will at our closing, I'm such a mush!! LOL!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank J-Lee! I am always so excited to see other people on here getting to close, and now I get to do it too! I probably won't cry, but will likely make a fool out of myself with giddy excitement!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.