Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbearance Agreement and continued late payment reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forbearance Agreement and continued late payment reporting

My report show that a loan I had in 2005-2007 (since paid off in full) is reporting 90 to 120 days late for a 2 year period.  I entered into a forbearance agreement that modified the payments.  I made each payment on time for the next year and half (which was the normal payment plus the an extra $700 a month).  However, my mortgage for that period is still reporting 90 to 120 days late for the entire period.  As I understand it, if in forbearance and you follow the forbearance the reporting should reflect an forbearance agreement but also reflect on time payments if paying as agreed under the agreement.   My Sallie Mae reported on time when I was in forbearance.  Does anyone know how, or if, I can fix this with the credit reporting agencies or the lender?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Forbearance Agreement and continued late payment reporting

It is my understanding that the reporting will reflect your payments under the original terms.

I read somewhere that a guy got a loan modification (because he could lie about income and get it) and was all mad because he was reported late.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.