cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure or Court? Default on Timeshare.

tag
octavia
Regular Contributor

Foreclosure or Court? Default on Timeshare.

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine has a timeshare in Orlando.  She can't afford to keep it.  She's 4 mos. behind on monthly payments and taxes & maintenance fees are now due.  (Total due now approx. $1,700.00)

If she doesn't pay (default), will this result in foreclosure or will they file court proceedings to try to collect money?

How will this show on her credit report? Will it show as forclosure?

Thanks.

Octavia.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
octavia
Regular Contributor

Re: Foreclosure or Court? Default on Timeshare.

Bump.
Message 2 of 4
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Tell her to look at her contract. Is she RCI or II? I remember talking to an RCI representative and the payments she is making is tax deductible and they treat it like a mortgage. However, they said if you don't refinance with someone and keep it with them, if you default, they get the property back and it never shows up on your credit - but the interest is usually high - but since it is tax decutible and doesn't show up on my credit report, most people leave the financing with the RCI company. Now, if she refinanced with another party - then it will show up on the credit report and depending on how she refinanced it....

Hope this helps.
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It goes on your credit for the late payments and for the foreclosure.  Good luck talking to the reps ~ they each tell a different story and its not their problem.  One told me I had to be late on everything I have before they would give me a deferral.....that sounded rather detrimental to me.

So far its only showing up on one of my mine (Eq) but one is too many.

Good luck.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.