Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4506-T: Use of tax transcripts

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Form 4506-T: Use of tax transcripts

What do underwriters use the tax transcripts for?

I sent my long form that i filed to them already.

Any feedback appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form 4506-T: Use of tax transcripts

To verify that information. You really don't think underwriting will just trust you, do ya? Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

To verify that information. You really don't think underwriting will just trust you, do ya? Smiley Tongue

^^^Exactly, just one of many verifications! VOE (employment), VOD, VOR - quality control checks....yada, yada.  Your application is the start of a whole chain of events....Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 6
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

soon, they will be checking our health records to calculate the probability of the borrower living longer than 30 years post close!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

BTW, point of information, the more money you put down the lower your LTV and the less the lender verifies your records. Start getting into the 65% or less LTV and it is a walk in the park. 

Message 5 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

...and my lender only asked for 25% down!  He said that was the "sweet spot."   I offered more but he said nah.

I asked him today about the tax transcript form.  He said every lender actually uses it.  (My previous lender did not.)

Oh well.  Maybe I should consider putting down another 10%???

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.