Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
10-09-2012 06:02 AM
Yesterday we found a home that we really love. My husband had his eye on this home for a while and once we got our preapproval, we knew we wanted to see it. It is a 4bed/4bath single home with a fully finished basement and two car garage. It's is in a great community in PA and listed at $207.9k because it's in forclosure. The funny part of the story is that we went to see the home on Friday and couldn't get in because the lock box code was incorrect. My realtor got the updated info and took us yesterday and when we arrived, the for sale sign was thrown into the yard and the neighbors trash cans were placed in front of the house. Both homes on either side of the home we are interested in are for sale and listed at $258k and $235k. They must have seen us on Friday and realized that someone is interested in buying the forclosure. If that house sells for $207k or less, they will have to lower their asking prices....oh well...We are waiting to hear back from our loan officer because the taxes in this area are so high, we want to offer what we know we can afford. Fingers Crossed
10-10-2012 07:35 PM
Thanks! our LO worked up the numbers so that we could keep our payments below $1400 a month. We are offering $115k with 6% sellers assist. Not sure how well this will go over with the sellers but it is in forclosure and I don't think there has been any other interest due to the high taxes. We did find out that if the home doesn't sell traditionally by 10/19 it is contracted to go up for auction. I doubt they will get a higher offer at an auction but who knows.....I guess we just wait at this point.
10-10-2012 08:43 PM
If you could get it for that price, then WOW! Good Luck!!!
10-11-2012 06:29 PM
10-11-2012 06:59 PM
10-12-2012 10:24 AM
My realtor called this morning to tell us that the listing agent requested the first three pages of our offer. He wants to try to do the deal "a different way" not sure what that means and I used to be a realtor lol....Meanwhile the bidding has gone up by $10K which is still less than our offer and honestly I think the agent (different agent for auction) is placing those bids just to stir up interest. My husband finds it very interesting that there has been absolutely no interest in this property for a year and the day we write up our offer someone bids on it. We shall see how this goes.