cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found house but scared about mortgage....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found house but scared about mortgage....

I do not want to apply for mortgages if I am not 100% sure I can get somewhere.  My husband and I have started fixing credit and our scores are up.  I'm 605, 623, 650.  He is 564, 605, 623.  Not sure if I should start or wait another few weeks and see what comes of our reports this month.  I disputed some cc on his report because they were mine with lates, so they should come off.  He has been working for a year at his new job and has about $4000 a month take home.  We rent now and have only 1 cc with $1400 balance and a repo that is charged off that I am paying off the end of August with a balance of $3000. 

I guess I just need some advice.  I do not want to hurt our scores by applying and getting nowhere.

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Found house but scared about mortgage....

kael0424 wrote:
I do not want to apply for mortgages if I am not 100% sure I can get somewhere.  My husband and I have started fixing credit and our scores are up.  I'm 605, 623, 650.  He is 564, 605, 623.  Not sure if I should start or wait another few weeks and see what comes of our reports this month.  I disputed some cc on his report because they were mine with lates, so they should come off.  He has been working for a year at his new job is this in the same line of work as the last 2yrs of employment history? and has about $4000 a month take home.  We rent now and have only 1 cc with $1400 balance what is the limit on the card? and a repo that is charged off that I am paying off the end of August with a balance of $3000. get a couple of opinions from the fico experts here.... but if it were me, i would NOT pay the repo until after i got the loan. just in case the date of last activity were to update and lower fico.

I guess I just need some advice.  I do not want to hurt our scores by applying and getting nowhere.

Thanks

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the same line.  He worked full time for ambulance companies and on the call fire department for the last 5 years and was employed as a full-time firefighter paramedic in September 2007 after finishing paramedic school in July of that year. 

The limit is 2000, but we bought a new computer because the card has intro rate of 0% until January.  He just received the card in July.  Over the next 2 months I am splitting the balance and paying it off.

One other question....The union just finished their new contract negotiations last night.  Because of his status as a paramedic firefighter they negotiated a significant pay increase.  The basics are that firefighters they are getting 0%, 3%, 3% over the next three years, but as a paramedic they are getting incentive increases of 15% each year on top of that.  Could this make a difference in being approved for a mortgage?

Thanks so much!
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

the job is fine.... but that future income will not be a factor.

apply.
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the input Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.