cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated - Can't get dispute remarks removed from PAID student loan collections

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Frustrated - Can't get dispute remarks removed from PAID student loan collections

the problem is that our automated underwriting cannot distinguish between an open dispute and an old disputed account with comments about the dispute remaining.

disputes are usually open 30 - 45 days and then closed.

you just need to follow the directions in shane's article

Retired Lender
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated - Can't get dispute remarks removed from PAID student loan collections

So the link doesnt work, and I need to get dispute comments removed.  how do I do this?

Message 12 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

So the link doesnt work, and I need to get dispute comments removed.  how do I do this?

Try this link: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-Mortgage/td-p/869326

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent. Thank you.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

A cautionary tale of my experience with this, YMMV...............

I have a paid "collection" (its no longer listed as a collection, just a closed revolving account) with dispute comments also (Verizon). I cant get it removed and I'm done trying, so hopefully when I app it wont be an issue.  The CRA says only the OC can remove it. When I ask the OC to remove the comment, they update the account as being more derogatory than previously and the comment remains. They've done this twice to my report, lowering my score (Fico8) some 30 points. I'm done poking that bear unless the UW insists on it.  

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info too. Thanks.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.