New Contributor
kingmidas

Frustrated and don't know what to do: Advice needed!

I had a lender pull my transunion report (04 version): Here's my situation I had a bankruptcy in 2007, since then I fell into financial hardship when my mom got sick had to retire early and had to help with the household just when I started to try and rebuild my credit so I have all paid chargeoffs from first premier, plains commerce bank, ally auto, verizon wireless, credit one.  I also have 2 collections (1) medical and another from Portfolio. The last negative was from 2011.  I have tried many rounds of goodwill with a little success but none with these companies.  I then decided to go to school instead of working deadend jobs and graduated and started working end of 2010 but the auto charge off was already done and reported in 1/11 and an old 138 medicall bill from 2010 reported 11/11.  The rest of the charge offs go from 2007-2009. I have started rebuilding this summer 6/12 and I have 7 revolving cards, 1 auto installment, a paid secured loan, and many student loan installment that are deferred. The loan officer told me I would have to write letters of explanation and he can't really say how it would pan out because of the negatives after bankruptcy so I am now very wary that I will not be able to get a loan until everything falls off around 2018. My last lender experian pull in 6/12 was 671 and current myfico equifax 644 and lender pull tu 04 as of 12/3 is 677.  He said my income is fine and not the problem at all.  Does anyone think its possible or has anyone had a similar situation and was able to obtain a mortgage anyways. Any advice is appreciated!

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: Frustrated and don't know what to do: Advice needed!

I filed for BK, didnt pay it and it was dismissed. Then I managed to mess up what little credit I could get after the BK.

Just recently I have gotten things in order. Scores are in the upper 600 range and I made it through underwriting.

It is probably just an underwriter call, they may make you write letters explaining that happened.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}