Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated...does this sound right?

tag
scmami
Regular Contributor

Frustrated...does this sound right?

Hi everyone. i am frustrated with the mortgage process. This is a new build. We are doing FHA. We were Approved/Eligible when we were preapproved. Mid score 647 I think. Our projected closing date (according to the lender)is in less than 2 weeks. We have not received any conditions from underwriting yet. Is this normal? Our LO is not my favorite person as he is slooooow returning emails or voicemails. I would not ever recommend this lender based off the poor service I have received thus far. Anyway, is it normal not to have conditions yet? I am sure we'll need LOE or proof of payment for paid charge offs or SOMETHING. Seems like my LO would have prepped me for exactly what I may need but he has been pretty uselessSmiley Mad

Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Frustrated...does this sound right?

@scmami wrote:

Hi everyone. i am frustrated with the mortgage process. This is a new build. We are doing FHA. We were Approved/Eligible when we were preapproved. Mid score 647 I think. Our projected closing date (according to the lender)is in less than 2 weeks. We have not received any conditions from underwriting yet. Is this normal? Our LO is not my favorite person as he is slooooow returning emails or voicemails. I would not ever recommend this lender based off the poor service I have received thus far. Anyway, is it normal not to have conditions yet? I am sure we'll need LOE or proof of payment for paid charge offs or SOMETHING. Seems like my LO would have prepped me for exactly what I may need but he has been pretty uselessSmiley Mad

If you came back as Approved/Eligible, the underwriting criteria gets a whole lot easier... 

Has he asked for bank statements, paystubs, w-2s, rent history, and all of that stuff yet?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you sent them paystubs, bank statements, taxes, ect?  If not I would be worried.  If so, I wouldn't be.  My loan just went to UW yesterday and we're scheduled to close on 10/30.  They should have plently of time in that two weeks to finish it up for you.

Message 3 of 7
scmami
Regular Contributor

Yes, about two weeks ago. I am sure they'll need new ones, right? Also, a loan processor said "our loan is in line to be reviewed to be submitted to underwriting...." I guess that means an underwriter has not touched it/seen it yet. I am glad aproove/elig. means maybe limited issues in UW, I am just concerned they'll need something I may not have readily available...like a statement from a creditor or something. DTI is great, I'm just nervous about the UW seeing something in the credit file.

Message 4 of 7
scmami
Regular Contributor

@kpresley...thank you. and congrats on your upcoming purchase! That makes me feel better. I have LOEs prepared if they need them, I just want some communication. I knew my MyFico fam would help me understand.

Message 5 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@scmami wrote:

Yes, about two weeks ago. I am sure they'll need new ones, right? Also, a loan processor said "our loan is in line to be reviewed to be submitted to underwriting...." I guess that means an underwriter has not touched it/seen it yet. I am glad aproove/elig. means maybe limited issues in UW, I am just concerned they'll need something I may not have readily available...like a statement from a creditor or something. DTI is great, I'm just nervous about the UW seeing something in the credit file.

If you end up with an Refer / Eligible...  that's when you have to jump through all the hoops...

With an Approve / Eligible: 

The DE underwriter is not required to:

 personally review the credit and/or qualifying ratios; or

 to certify that the borrower’s credit and capacity meets standard FHA requirements.

The DE underwriter is required to underwrite the appraisal according to standard FHA requirements

here is the link to the explanation for the FHA Total Scorecard, which is what is used to approve you for an FHA loan : http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=total_userguide.pdf

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 7
scmami
Regular Contributor

Thank you for this information webhopper! I'm more at ease now. I don't see anything that would put us in a manual downgrade or "refer" so that is a relief!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.