Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrated

We have diligently working on our credit for the last 18 months. MMS used to be 486... Now it's 616 for my Husband and 677 for me.  So we talk with mortgage people every 6-7 months or so and now we need a higher score. The one I am working with now wants a 620, his add said 600... 4 points away and just feel like we will never make it

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated

Welcome to the board.  Without knowing much about your credit history, it will be hard for good responses.  So first start by posting what is holding your score down.  For example, do you have negatives?  What is your credit utilization etc....

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no baddies for me, utilzation is 60%. Hubby's got 2 baddies that are both old. Mortgage guy said not to worry about them, one is $508 and the other is $1096. We are going for FHA. His utilization is 20%. This is all amazing compared tonwhere we were last year... it just seems like it will never happen
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowering our utilization gave my husband the biggest mortgage score jump! We are going through the same thing and it can definitely be frustrating.  We started at 590 for a middle mortgage score and are now at 654.  Whenever I get discouraged I try to focus on how far we've come! Good luck!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 5 of 13
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i would try another lender.

deals are happening at 580 - 600 all the time.

also, a good lender can run a score simulator for you to find those 4 points if needed. typically get a little better deal at 620+

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

All he keeps telling me is wait until months end... we were waiting for a disputes to be updated which is done and my hubby's credit card to update. I don't want to buy another 3B... grrrr lol
Message 7 of 13
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
All he keeps telling me is wait until months end... we were waiting for a disputes to be updated which is done and my hubby's credit card to update. I don't want to buy another 3B... grrrr lol

you have open disputes?

if you have open disputes.... you should not be applying. waste of everyone's time. 

a disputed item isnt scored by fico.... so you get a false score.

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The disputes are off the reports.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you have to go FHA, you may try a conventional loan. Neither likes baddies but IMO, FHA can be more rigid.

I would research the credit unions in your area and open a dialogue with a couple to see what they have to offer and what their minimum requirements are to apply/secure a conventional loan.

Best of luck!

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600|Total CL: $153K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!seedling-transparent.png

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.