Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated

The convential loans won't allow a middle score as low as 616 I thought...

Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The convential loans won't allow a middle score as low as 616 I thought...

TBH I wouldn't likely shop conventional at that score; FHA is more forgiving there unless the timeline on the collections throws that off.  Fannie even if you put 20% down at 620 you're looking at a 3.25% increase over their base rate (those with 740 or above), or more to the point: your APR be something like 80% higher than FHA realistically... it's even worse if you're chasing a 5% down loan.

Here's the actual document governing the pricing adjustments for Fannie, but if your LO is talking conventional at 620, I'd be skeptical and would second the recommendation of finding another lender: nobody should be getting a 7% mortgage right now.

https://www.fanniemae.com/content/pricing/llpa-matrix.pdf

How close to minimum downpayment / reserves are you at?  I would see if I could get those collections deleted by negotiating for their removal (pay for delete) or other options.  Post over in Rebuilding on the specifics of them maybe there's something you can do with it.

I also wouldn't be applying with 60% utilization if that is non-trivial debt: you're going to be incurring expenses with new homeownership, and should expect to increase your debt burden unfortunately as a result.  Just keep what you can afford clearly in mind.

DLG is right though there are loans happening sub 600, just not conventional.

        
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My LO didn't recommed Conventional, I was responding to someone's comment. We will be going FHA, 23 have tried to negotiate a PFD... no luck. They are the last 2, we had so many more.. . We have decided to wait through the holidays. Hopefully that bumps us up. Our LO said we just have to be at 620, so that's what we are shooting for... thanks for all your advice. It is appreciated!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.