cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full blown panic attack with Friday update!

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Full blown panic attack with Friday update!

Got a call from credit union.  Talked with the paper processor girl.  She said she has reviewed everything.  Needs a couple copies of various things form me.  I can get everything gathered up this evening.  Nothing big - copy of DL etc.

She said they are ordering the title search and apraisal tomorrow.  After that comes back in 2-3 weeks we can close.  She said no later than May 27th.

Than my ex-husband tells me the tax lien from 1994 he never paid!!!  I rushed to the court house - they did a simple name search and BAM it shows up.  Under $400.  I am ready to pay it BUT it is not showing up on my credit report.   Apparently it aged off after 10 years.  However, if paid, I understand it can be put back on and will stay for another 7!!   That will tank my scores and I will no longer qualify.  Something from 19 years ago.  Unbelieveable.

I called Department of Revenue.  Waiting for a call back as my blood pressure and heart rate are out of control.  

What can I do???  Solutions???

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Full blown panic attack!!!!

Can you not pay it at closing

Message 2 of 23
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Yea I wouldn't say anything and don't pay anything, if they bring it up, then pay it at closing. 

Message 3 of 23
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@Mike_B03 wrote:

Yea I wouldn't say anything and don't pay anything, if they bring it up, then pay it at closing. 

That would be my vote too. If they say something, then that's one thing. But if they don't? You could close, then pay it and you'd be fine.

Message 4 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm fairly certain that they'll find it. 

Can they re-age this thing and put this on your credit report?  That doesn't seem right

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 23
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

I'm fairly certain that they'll find it. 

Can they re-age this thing and put this on your credit report?  That doesn't seem right

I am fairly certain it will come up when they do the title search on my name.  Don't they check for liens and unpaid judgments when they do the title search?  I thought that was the purpose of title searches. 

I am afraid once they find it they will decline me for the loan.

I have called the department of revenue.  The original amount is $326.  It has interest accuring at either 4 or 5%.  The state wobbles back and forth on interest depending on the economy.  They are suppose to call me back with a total amount.  I asked her what can be done to make the whole lien appear as though it never happened.  She said she has to talk to her supervisor and she would call me back TOMORROW.  Damn, another night of no sleep!

CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
Message 6 of 23
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

What are my chances of the credit bureaus finding this paid tax lien and reporting it.  Like I said, it is from October of 1994 and was filed in October of 1995.  No recollection of this whatsoever!

It is not on my credit reports.  I can pay it off tomorrow morning.  I think it will take the stae about 7 days to have it recoreded as paid.  Will the scouts for the credit bureaus who go over county files find it?  Does it come to the top of the pile with a recent paid date?  I don't understand how this all works so I have no idea what to do about this either.

I assume the LO will pull another report right before closing.  How long after something is paid does it take for the credit bureaus to pick up on it?  My hope and prayer is that they don't pick up on it.  I am waiting for the Dept of Revenue to call me back.  I was going to ask her to supply me a letter of termination of lien but not sure if that would get it removed or not.

I can't believe something from 19 years ago can reappear on my credit report.

Message 7 of 23
fdiggy
New Contributor

IRS debt never goes away. Its not a normal collection. At the worst he will just need pay it. Why they havent been collectiing is strange.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 23
fdiggy
New Contributor

I could be wrong but isnt a title search only on the property and current owner.

FHA would have run a CAIVRS already to look for federal debt.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 23
prince1969
New Contributor

Yes the title search will not reveal your liens. The purpose of it is to reveal if the property has any unpaid liens. Could be wrong.

4/13 Equifax 679 (Scorewatch), TU 695 (myfico), 703 (Walmart)

6/14 Experian 733 (myfico), Equifax 687 (Scorewatch), TU 693 (Walmart)
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.