Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Verification

tag
llexx
Established Member

Funds Verification

Hello all ...

I am preparing myself so that I can purchase a house in the second half of this year. I received a student loan earlier this year and used the money to pay my fees and other school related expenses. However, I do have some remaining funds that are in my savings account ... approx $2500. Should I worry about these funds?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Funds Verification

Hopefully you already got your answer since this was posted a few weeks back, but for anyone else that finds this they usually only ask for your last 2 to 3 statements. It sounds like you are looking to buy later this year so it's doubtful they'll ask about it. Btw, I don't think there is anything wrong with saying exactly what you said below if they did ask  where the money came from. 

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

hmmm... sorry you got missed.

the loan ap asks if any of the funds are borrowed.  borrowed funds are not allowed. 

if you dont need that money.... it can just be excluded from the ap

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops good point, Dallas, thank you for the info! For somereason I  was thinking about borrowed funds being  from people as apposed to having gotten a loan in the past. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.