Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds to pay off all debt!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funds to pay off all debt!

In about 3 weeks here I will have the funds to pay off all my debt (credit cards and car).  The only debt I will have is my house ($280k balance).  In doing so, how will this affect my credit score?  Will it drastically go up?

My current score is around 610 (all 3 bureaus).  In recent months I have got back on track with paying on time, paying more than the minimums, etc.  I would like my score to be over 700 as I am considering selling my house and buying a new one in a year or two.

Also, I do not plan on purchasing any big ticket" items anytime soon (car, appliances, etc.).  I have everything I need for the time being.  The only thing I will be doing is making minor upgrades to my house but will be paying in cash for those.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: Funds to pay off all debt!

Might want to head over to Rebuilding Credit forum for more detailed responses.

I wil say that current score at 610 isn't due to just utilization, if you breakdown in the other forum what other negatives might be on your report, they will point you in right direction to improve score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.