Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GFE Review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GFE Review

May be wrong, but with your score above 620 and an FHA loan, I thoguht 5% was right around the going rate with NO points.  I still think he may be trying to pull a fast one on ya.  I would really rcomend you shop around and see what you can come up with.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree...something doesn't sound right here....i'd shop around.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

RUN from this guy!

"Let's get through the inspection" translation =  "Let me try to shift the focus to something else for you to worry about so I can rob you blind!"

Message 13 of 20
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I did the home inspections yesterday and the singles on the house needs to be replace on one side of the house. I still haven't called the lender to have him order the appraisal. I'm not sure if I should switch lender at this point since the offer was submitted with a pre-approve offer from him.
Message 14 of 20
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If you like getting screwed, then don't switch... I'd cancel buying a home if that was the offer I was getting.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 15 of 20
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I haven't called the guy yet and he has called me more than 15 times already today. I've already started the process with a different lender.
Message 16 of 20
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Good for you, hopefully your former LO has learned to be more competitive in the future.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 17 of 20
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys for all your help and  pointing that out to me. This was a crazy day for me as thing lender was harrassing me all day long while I was at work. From 10AM to 2:30PM i had 17 missed call from him.  He sent me an email around 2:45 and I decided to return his phone call at 3pm.

This was his email.

Your commitment date is May 22. By that date we need to have your loan approved and all conditions cleared including verifying all funds required to close.  Just in case you were unable to document all funds required to close by that date, I wanted you approved at 5.5% so I would be able to take out the 1 point if we had to as an option.  After my discussion with you yesterday, you indicated that you could get a gift from your sister if you needed to. You did mention the sister gift as a possibility  Tuesday evening, but Wed it sounded more definite.  Based on that new information, the funds issue will not be a problem assuming we can document everything. If the home inspection was to your satisfaction, we can lock the rate at the current FHA rates. 5.0% with 1 point and closing costs. This is the deal you signed up for, the only difference is the rate is 5.0%. Or you can keep the rate at 5.5% with 0 points or in other words you will need $2,120 less at closing than the original estimate.

He can't believe that another lender can offer me a 5.0% with zero points and once I told him that I was going with another lender he asked me who that lender was. I refused to tell him who it was and he sent that he was going to lock my FHA case. I told him that I did not know what that was and didn't care at the moment and that he would have to release it later on and I hunged up.

Crazy story, however without your help I wouldn't find out that this LO wanted to forced me to get a loan so he can get a bonus for locking me in with that high interest.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure Shane or Dallas will be to the rescue soon. Sounds like he was threatening to screw you over. I didn't go FHA but I know they either assign a case number to you or the house during each transaction. I believe that even if you switch lenders, etc. that number stays the same. Sounds like Mr. Ripoff got p*ssed off and is retaliating. If I were you I'd find out what the regulatory boards are for lenders and report him.  Very unprofessional, unethical and a scammer if you ask me. He's trying to bully you into staying with him. F-him!
Message 19 of 20
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If an FHA case # has been ordered all you need to do is write your loan officer a letter stating you would like to have your case # transferred over to the new broker or lender.  Then the new lender or broker can look up the current FHA case # by your SSN & address and request it from your former loan officer's company.  

http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh/4000.2/40002c4HSGH.pdf  

4-2 TRANSFERS OF CASE NUMBERS BETWEEN LENDERS.

A. New Lender. Lenders are expected to cooperate in the transfer of case numbers. At the request of a borrower, the case number is to be assigned to the new lender using the Case Transfer function in FHA Connection. The transferring lender is not entitled to a fee for the transfer of a streamline refinance case number, regardless of the stage of processing the loan is in. The transferring lender may be entitled to any lock-in fee collected from the borrower at the time of application. The transferring lender is required to provide the new lender with the appraisal but is not required to provide any processing documents. If processing documents are transferred, the fee for providing these documents is to be negotiated between the lenders. No separate charge to the borrower is authorized for this transfer. 

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/ref/sfhp2-17.cfm

Chapter 2
Mortgage Credit Guidelines
Page 2-17

The transferring lender must make the transfer electronically utilizing FHA Connection. Only if extenuating circumstances exist, will HUD endorsement technicians transfer a case number to a new lender. In those instances, an assignment letter must be sent to the attention of an endorsement technician in the HUD Homeownership Center (HOC) to make the necessary changes in CHUMS, noting that this is an exception and stating the reason why the lender is unable to affect the transfer themselves.

If a lender will not transfer a case number, but the borrower wants to work with a new lender, the new lender should:

(1) Send the letter to the HOC specifically outlining the steps they have taken to accomplish the transfer;

(2) List what fees (if any) the original lender has requested;

(3) Provide a resolution to that request for payment for services, along with a letter signed by the borrower stating they want to work with the new lender.

If your borrower has requested a transfer in writing, the lender must comply with their request as outlined in HUD Handbook 4000.2, 4-2A. No separate charge(s) to the borrower are authorized for the transfer of case numbers.

If the transferring lender is uncooperative, prior to contacting HUD, your Branch Manager should attempt to resolve the situation.

Please see: HUD Handbook 4000.2, 4-2 for additional information regarding transfers of case numbers, appraisals and Master Appraisal Reports (MAR). 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.