Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GFE with QuickenLoans

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

GFE with QuickenLoans

I am looking to refinance. I contacted my original broker who provided me a GFE immediately, after which I filled out a formal application etc. I wanted to shop around a bit just to see so I contacted QuickenLoans. They gave be an estimate of closing costs on the phone. I though about it and I asked QuickenLoans if they would provide a GFE with a breakdown of their expected closing costs. They refused to do this without pulling my credit. Is this normal? I was really unhappy with the way the Lo at QuickenLoans handled this. If he could give me a $$ for closing costs why couldn't he give me the ESTIMATED breakdown?

Thanks for any help or advice

Cheers,

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: GFE with QuickenLoans

Some lenders have a policy to require a credit pull before giving a GFE, if their policy doesn't match with what you are trying to do, there are hundreds of other mortgage lenders & brokers whose policy does match what you are tring to do and who would also love your business.  The reason Quicken probably doesn't want to give you a GFE is that you might hold them to it, if they were smart they'd give you a GFE and say it's based on a particular credit score, not too difficult, or perhaps for them it is.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.