cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gauging the effect of 2 credit pulls against my FICO.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gauging the effect of 2 credit pulls against my FICO.

One month ago a lender did a "hard pull" of my credit for a mortgage loan application and subsequently did a "bait and switch" on the type of loan she was underwriting me for-conventional-instead of the agreed upon stated income. As such, I'm looking for another lender who'll almost certainly need to pull my credit, again. In the midst of all this, an over zealous driver "T Boned" my car, totaling it. I'm now car shopping and have a .89% interest rate available for a bank approved loan which I'd like to take advantage of.

I read in the Q/A section that fico doesn't "penalize" scores for mortgages and auto loan inquiries, but there is also wording stating there is no "immediate" effect, suggesting that in fact there IS a tick to the score. Question: Will the combination of the credit pull by the initial lender and (should I decide to go forward), the credit pull for the auto loan app, significantly lower my FICO (734) prior to my applying for another mtg or would the combination of all these given the nature of the loans have little to no effect on my score?

Thank You in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Gauging the effect of 2 credit pulls against my FICO.

Locked to direct others to existing discussion on same topic:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Gauging-the-effect-of-2-credit-pulls-against-m...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.