cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Homestead Exemption (GHE). How can it benefit Property tax reduction?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

General Homestead Exemption (GHE). How can it benefit Property tax reduction?

I'm building a new house ...FHA 30 year fixed. I recently read about General Homestead Exemption (GHE). How can I take advantage of it to reduce my property tax?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: General Homestead Exemption (GHE). How can it benefit Property tax reduction?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm building a new house ...FHA 30 year fixed. I recently read about General Homestead Exemption (GHE). How can I take advantage of it to reduce my property tax?

Every jurisdiction is different. You would need to go to your tax assessors website and look up the specific information in your jurisdiction.  Here, Palm Beach county, you have to own the property by Dec 31st of the year prior to file for homestead. For example, you have to own it by Dec 31, 2017 to file for 2018 homestead. You may (or may not) have a similar restriction in your area.  The best resource is the Homestead Exemption information on the website for your property taxes. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.