cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Landlord to fill out VOR Form (Rent Verification)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Landlord to fill out VOR Form (Rent Verification)

I am in the beginning of the loan process, and have everything but 7 months of my 12 months of rent verification. The landlord I used to have is a realtor, who told me he would fill it out, but now won't answer the phone or emails and seems like he is refusing to fill out the VOR form.

What can I do? I have receipts of payment from the landlord, bank statements where I pull off enough money each month to pay rent, Calworks statement showing me pull off rent money each month from my card. I would deposit it into his bank account, but only have two deposit receipts I can find.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Getting Landlord to fill out VOR Form (Rent Verification)

I've had situations where borrowers & their landlords weren't on good terms, and the landlord was refusing to verify, so we documened the rental history with a copy of the rental agreement to confirm the amount owed + cancelled checks to show they were paid on time.

In your situation, since it wasn't checks each month, you'd need to put together as much documentation as possible for each of the undocumented payments.  You'd also need to write an explanation on where the funds came from to make each of those payments, for example if half came from your bank account and the other half from your Calworks statement, etc. (your loan officer should be able to help you write that).

Rent verification isn't always needed though, the most common situation is if your loan is being manually underwritten.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.