Tahul

Getting a Mortgage after shortsale in December 2009

I need some help with getting a loan. If there is a mortgage officer that is willing to look into my case, it will be appreciated.

Background
Bought a home in 2006 and sold in December 2009 in a shortsale.
Credit Score is over 720
My income is VERY good
Have no problem putting down 20%

Based on my research on Shortsales I can be considered as a regular borrower with no penalties if putting down 20% under common sense underwriting. Where can i get someone to work with my scenario to get a mortgage.

Regular Contributor
indecison

Re: Getting a Mortgage after shortsale in December 2009

Have you called any banks or Mortgage Brokers in your area. The little information you provided does not seem like anything that would be a deal breaker.

Tahul

Yes spoken to a few mortgage brokers and I am told that i HAVE to wait 3 years. I read that it was 2 years if able to put down 20%
Valued Member
maryellis1981

I sold my previous home via short sale back in Nov. 2010.  I am currently under contract for a new home.  I am using a mortgage company that works with local credit unions.   I had to ask around and heard several "no's" before I finally received a "yes".  I applied through automatic underwriting and was preapproved.  I will be putting 20% down and can't close until the day after the date of the sale of my short sale.  My middle credit score is 712.  I think you definitely have a chance but you really need to ask around and I would stick with local banks and credit unions rather than big banks.  Good luck!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

^^^^agree to the above about local banks and CU's. You will have to do quite a bit of research and calling. There are lenders out there that do hold their own paper too (called portfolio loans).

Tahul

Thank you all, I have received a lot of NO's thus far but will change my approach moving forward and will let you know know
Valued Member
maryellis1981

Keep asking!  I also have my local bank as a back-up, they said they could provide me with a porfolio loan just in case I get to underwriting and I'm denied.  Good luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+