Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a loan for a first time home buyer

tag
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Getting a loan for a first time home buyer

Anyone think its possible to get a loan for lets say 100k to 120k for a first time home buyer , i make about 40k a year and also i pay 623 in child support a month . I have no other bills atm besides the cost of living i live at home with my mom atm and pay no bills besides food and car insurance of course ..

PS , yes its very embarrassing to be living at home yet again since my divorce ! 

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Re: Getting a loan for a first time home buyer

Anyone able to tell me or show me how to do the DTI ratio  ? 

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 2 of 15
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Hi Trigga,

Your debt to income ratio can be computed very easily. You just divide your debt by your income. If you take your monthly payments, and add them up, say they come to $800 per month, you then divide that by your monthly income. If your monthly income is say, $3,333.00 then you would divide $800 by $3,3333.00 and you come up with 24, which is 24% DTI (debt to income).

Hope that helps, and don't worry, I know many people who've gone home to save some money after a life changing event like divorce, job loss, medical bills, etc. You will get through this. It does get better! Smiley Happy

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 3 of 15
Trigga
Regular Contributor

My DTI is gonna be low with this child support not sure if i should even try for a loan ....and thx for the reply !

Message 4 of 15
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You need to find out the DTI limits.  i believe for FHA it's 45%.  I THINK.  Someone else?

Child support STINGS.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 15
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Ya CS sucks but i dont mind paying it ,  just have to try and save up some money and work on my fico scores while im at it ...my scores are posted below are they up to par for a FHA loan  ?

I have 2 baddies on my report one medical collection from 2 or 3 years ago that is $500 and also one 30 day late payment on one of my CCards about 2 years ago .,

Message 6 of 15
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You betcha they are!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 7 of 15
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replys Booner72 .

Message 8 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@Trigga wrote:

Anyone think its possible to get a loan for lets say 100k to 120k for a first time home buyer , i make about 40k a year and also i pay 623 in child support a month . I have no other bills atm besides the cost of living i live at home with my mom atm and pay no bills besides food and car insurance of course ..

PS , yes its very embarrassing to be living at home yet again since my divorce ! 

DO you have a downpayment for 3.5% if you're going the FHA route?

Clean 12 month report?

And don't be embarassed about going home again. A lot of people do that and it gives you the chance to save a lot more.

Message 9 of 15
Trigga
Regular Contributor

cs800 thx for the response , yes i have 12 months of good credit no collections in that time frame or missed payments , most recent bad mark on my report is almost 2 years old .....and no im still saving for a down payment , just went through a divorce thank god we rly didnt have anything to fight over but the kids , we didnt buy a house together and we had our own cars ..so i guess thats one good thing . I guess not having the down payment money is a good thing atm since i can work to get my score up some more ...im just worried about my DTI also since i only make about 40k a year and 623 of that a month is for childsupport ...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.