Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting financed :/

tag
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Getting financed :/

I just received a short sale approval after waiting for nearly 6 months :/ however, now is the hardest part!!! Getting financed!!!! My scores are as listed: TU 622, EQ 600, EX(fako) 620 DTI is kinda high at 49% I am going with a FHA loan and putting down 3.5 percent. Kinda concerned that we're cutting it super close!! What do you think? Do I have a chance?
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Re: Getting financed :/

sounds like the DTI will be the biggest prob. 

Message 2 of 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting financed :/

My LO through Academy Mortgage said I needed a 640 to qualify  for the current going interest rates, but that she could get a me a loan (FHA) with higher interest and closing costs at 620.  There are also lenders out there that do 600 and I know one gal here who got a 580+ (She paid over 5% I think).  It depends if you are willing to pay higher interest, i think - the lenders are out there - you just gotta look hard and you can put up a post asking for referrals from those that closed with subpar scores.

Have you figured out why your scores are where they are and if there is anything you can do to bring them up?  I went in on a short sale last summer with 590'ish middle and made it up to 653 in just 3 months by living over in the Rebuilding section and doing everything I was told, and then some.

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.