Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready for 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting ready for 2017

This weekend I convinced my wife to decide that the starter home we have been in for over a decade has more than served its purpose of giving us a nice, but lackluster, place to hang our hats. The time for the "forever home" is rapidly approaching.  We are about break even value:debt on our current non-V.A. mortgage and looking to finally break the glass box that my VA Cert. hides in.  I expect us to start shopping for a new home some time in late 2016 or early 2017, after the CCs and student loan are all PIF this Jul. or Aug. and we've put a few thousand in the bank.

I'm thinking about buying the new house regardless of if the current one has sold but a trusted friend (who is an attorney) is advising me to only make an offer if I have a contingency of selling the current house.  I'm a bit conflicted about this...  My lawyer friend is very conservative with money and I want my new house as soon as it is feasible.  I can afford to pay both mortgages, if I must, until the old house sells and I'm willing to do so.  Or do I just have ants in my pants to get a better home ASAP and need to follow advice of counsel?

Any Advice?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.