cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of "dispute" comments so we can close next week! HELP!

tag
jazzydaddy

Getting rid of "dispute" comments so we can close next week! HELP!

I thought we were in the clear. We're in escrow and are supposed to be closing next week. The underwriters at our mortgage company approved everything and sent it off to the USDA last week. Today I find out that there are 3 accounts with "dispute" comments on the credit reports, Experian and Transunion to be exact.  My loan officer thought it would be an issue last week and had us sign something saying it was no longer in dispute, please remove, but he didn't say anything more about it, or I would have gotten started on it then. Today I find out that the USDA won't even register that they have the loan app until those dispute remarks are removed. I called Experian and they were so nice, they removed them with no problem. Said they would be gone within 24-72 hours and I'll get email confirmation. 

Transunion is being a big problem though.  I called and got transferred to the special handling department and the lady said they would have to open an investigation which could take 30 days. We don't have 30 days, we have 7 until closing.  I called and left a message for the Chief Operating Officer based off of another thread I saw here, hopefully someone will call me back tomorrow.

Does anyone have experience getting Transunion to remove the dispute comments quickly? Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: Getting rid of "dispute" comments so we can close next week! HELP!

Experian is great, mine were gone in 24 hours. For both EQ and Tu, I had to get my LO to do a RR to have them removed. RR takes about 3 days usually.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
jazzydaddy

I just sent my LO an email asking about RR. I don't understand why it wouldn't fix the problem. I'm freaking out!

Message 3 of 4
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Rapid Rescore will allow him to remove them fast and you can also call the creditor to have them remove them for you as well. Have him start on the RR right away so your aren't super stressed like I was. Smiley Happy

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.