Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting to 620...

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Getting to 620...

kjm79 - Thanks for your advice... I just needed a second opinion to calm me down Smiley Happy You are right that time is not on my side and I sort of just have to commit to what I'm going to do and then go all in with my best effort now. I just don't have the time now to play the pay and wait game. The house we're building is going to be finished the second week in March (ahh!) so out LO has to do a final pull of our credit by next week in order to close in time.

I already made the payment bringing overall utilization to 17% and the LOC's individual utilization to 21%. This will take a few days to update and report, so I won't know until probably early next week what effect this has on my score. However, to be safe and attempt to get as many points as possible, tomorrow (when I have the $), I am going to pay the additional $ to get the LOC below 20% (19%) as well and then cross my fingers!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 31 of 212
kjm79
Valued Contributor

You know you have everyone on the edge of the computer screens right?!?!?   

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 32 of 212
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Yes, edge of my seat too!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 33 of 212
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Haha, no, I didn't realize that this thread was quite so suspenseful, but rest assured (and I'm sure it's probably already obvious from my constant additions), I will keep the updates coming as soon as I have them! I am thinking that next Tuesday (Feb 21st) is the final D-day when we'll know where all of my scores have landed.

Message 34 of 212
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

UPDATE:

I decided to go for it and make another payment to get the LOC utilization under 20% as well. I made that final payment to the LOC yesterday and when it reports to the CRAs, my utilization will be as follows:

Overall = 16% (a little under, but I'm rounding up)

LOC = 19% (a little under, but I'm rounding up)

These will be the final utilizations when I have our LO pull my credit again next week. I am so very lucky that the LOC is with BOA, which has a little trick for getting them to update current balances to the CRAs immediately so no RR is needed. I am hoping that I will see the new LOC balance on my credit reports by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

The next update should be after my LO pulls my credit to see if we made it to 620 - I will let everyone know what happens!

Message 35 of 212
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

I can already tell you that we will all hit it!!

We are pulling mine next week too, in the form of a RR, so it will be a crazy 72 hours!!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 36 of 212
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Catacam - I am SO pulling for us both!!

Message 37 of 212
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

UPDATE:

I just pulled both TU and EQ from here and unfortunately, I'm going in the wrong direction Smiley Sad After paying the extra money (2 payments last week) to get both overall utilization and the LOC utilization to below 20%, EQ is exactly the same (601) and TU actually decreases by 3 points (638). I have scoured the TU report and the ONLY different between the report from last week that 641 and today's report, 638, is the lower utilization, so I'm not really sure why my score actually dropped.

I am still waiting for the LOC balance to reflect the final payment that I made last Thursday, but then we're going to have our LO pull. Unfortunately, it's not looking good. The EQ report is fully updated will the current balance after all payments. Paying $9100 to the LOC and bringing my overall utilization down from 42% to 17% has increased my EQ score 0 points Smiley Sad Feeling really bummed...

Message 38 of 212
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

MB don't forget that your TU score here is TU98. I was falsely assuming my TU04 would be lower, and actually didn't apply for a mortgage when I could have! My TU04 score was 667 (30 points higher than my TU98 score on this site) on the same day. I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to that score. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 39 of 212
boonelb
Regular Contributor

I could use helpp with AES

@Anonymous wrote:

is your student loan with AES? if so i can help u with that, that was happening to me also before I found what to do..

Message 40 of 212
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.