Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

God Willing Purchase First Home 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

God Willing Purchase First Home 2016

Hello I wanted to know how people feel about the Fha loan? The homeownership program "that I'm currently in? Since February of 2015. I did file chap 7 in 2014. Which my homeownership Counsler advised me that in April of 2016 I should be in a house. Starting middle Score 621. Today May 10th it is 636. I just want a little input. Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Re: God Willing Purchase First Home 2016

i ll just say this

FHA HELPS Home buyers with credit issues and lack of a big downpayment get into a home of their own .

For those reasons alone i would say FHA products are AWESOME

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need a 640 for the Fha loan. I'm looking to be at least a 700 before this year is up.
Message 3 of 7
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Most lenders want to see a minimum 620 ,but some go down to 580

Message 4 of 7
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I need a 640 for the Fha loan. I'm looking to be at least a 700 before this year is up.
if you want to go conventional u will want to have an 720 to 740 score if u want the best pricing
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here in Ky You have to have at least a 640. You have enough time to get your scores there if you do everything your supposed to do. Which me myself had got into high Utilization so I'm taking my debt down weekly.
Message 6 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@sports1965 wrote:

i ll just say this

FHA HELPS Home buyers with credit issues and lack of a big downpayment get into a home of their own .

For those reasons alone i would say FHA products are AWESOME

^^^I agree with this. There are many reasons to choose an FHA loan in certain circumstances. Here are a few of the more popular reasons:

1) Lower down payment 3.5% rather than 5%

2) Interest rate is lower on FHA loans than conventional loans. Conventional loans are credit score sensitive - the lower your score the higher the rate. if you have scores in the 640 range the PMI on conventional loans is very, very expensive. The MIP on FHA loans is fixed for everyone, no matter what your score is as long as you qualify for an FHA loan according to the banks' requirements.

3) If you are recovering from a foreclosure or bankruptcy, you can get a mortgage in a shorter time period than a conventional loan.

4) The DTI for both front end and back end ratios allowed for FHA are much higher than for conventional loans. FHA max is 45.99% for front end max and 56.99% back end.

5) You can have a non-occupant co-borrower for FHA and not for conventional.

6) You can get 100% gift funds for FHA, but you need to have at least 5% of your own money for conventional.

There are more reasons, but those listed above are a good start. I bet Shane or dallas or dpeezy can add to the list Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.