Did you mean: 

Going Crazy

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Going Crazy

Half the price of a LCD! lol

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 11 of 327
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Okay, thanks! I'll check them out! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 327
MzKoli
Contributor

Isn't there issue burn in ???
Message 13 of 327
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I think the newer sets don't really have an issue with burn in anymore, the technology has imporoved a lot. Personally, I like LED LCD tv's best, the imagine quality is fantastic and I love the super slim profile and the low energy compumption. 

Message 14 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Any TV can get burn in, but the older Plasmas had a real problem with ghosting.

My new Plasma has no ghosting and only an inch thin.

I like the Plasma because it has more natural colors with great color accuracy and amazing contrast levels. You get that picture tube quality.

Message 15 of 327
BCullum
New Contributor

I currently have a plasma, and my biggest issue with them is the amount of heat they put out. Not to mention they are alot heavier than LED's.

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 16 of 327
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

We plan to have ours mounted to the wall.  Even though the plasma is heavier, does it still mount on the wall sturdy? I remember seeing plasmas burn up a few years ago. I haven't heard anything recently, so as tooleman said...technology improved. We are so behind the times, we have a huge old regular 60" TV that is going in the basement.  Still works with great sound but the picture quality is horrific!  It is old rent to own TV I paid off years ago.  I appreciate the additional insights about the different types of TVs because I don't know what is what when it comes to that. All I know is the picture quality is exceptionally better on the newer flat screen TVs.

Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 17 of 327
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

I'm following - and have my toes in the water!

congrats MOVINGFORWARD on having enough left over for new stuff!  AWESOME!

Message 18 of 327
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

I'm following - and have my toes in the water!

congrats MOVINGFORWARD on having enough left over for new stuff!  AWESOME!

Thank you!  Smiley Very Happy It is pretty neat to have!  When we closed on our first house, we had nothing and things were so tight and only got tigher, unfortunately.  And we lost the home we had no business buying in the first place...you live and you learn.  But it was a hard lesson.  So we have money to spend but not too much as I want to maximize savings as much as possible but there are some things that we need to buy that is way overdue.  We are very excited!  :-)

Message 19 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

thekitchen.jpg

Kitchen install has started.

Message 20 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.