Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going Crazy

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Going Crazy

I love our seller, she probably has a similar mindset.  She even joked about having a yard sale together to help speed the movement of furniture, haha.

Message 271 of 327
indecison
Regular Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Yeah I still go by about once a day and just dream.

Over the next 2 weeks need to start taking measurements so I can get blinds and curtains figured out.

Also need to draw up designs for the landscaping out back, gonna be a fun summer building it.

I got our builder to give us a key after the home started being locked. We would go by the house all the time in the evenings. A few times we would stop and get some Pizza and wine and sit on the living room floor and dream. We were stuck in an apartment in between houses so we spent a ton of time in the house!

Message 272 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yeah we are stuck in an apartment too. I would love to have a key.

The front door has a code keypad thing maybe I can get that.

Message 273 of 327
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Our kitchen with applicances in

kitchenclose.jpg

Message 274 of 327
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Double oven = double jealousy Smiley Very Happy

Message 275 of 327
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Beautiful! 

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 276 of 327
justjunie928
New Contributor

Wow! Beautiful kitchenSmiley Happy

Message 277 of 327
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yep. I think you can definitely get the code to the door. Our door has a keypad as well. The builder gave us the code to the door and we would stop by all the time in the evenings to hang out and plan things. The builder told us we wouldn't get the key until after closing.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 278 of 327
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

The one I have a contract on just finished, my friend has a townhome in the same bldg and she just got her appraisal. Her tentative closing is 3/22. I advised her to do an inspection but she was talked out of it by the builder (DR Horton).

Went back last week and saw all the blue tape on the walls right as the painters were doing touch ups. Still trying not to get attached since my tentative closing is 04/19 and who knows what can happen between now and then.

Jealous of your kitchen, tooleman. That's the kind of kitchen I'll get once I'm married and have kids lol

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 279 of 327
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Oh no! I can't believe she got talked out of an inspection! Since she bypassed the right of an inspection, the builder is no longer obligated to make corrections and the responsibility may fall on her, the homeowner. But I still think it is very important to get an inspection. I just bought a brand new inventory construction home and our inspector found a small gas leak coming from the water heater, a structural deformity that could have cost us thousands down the road in landscaping costs, extremely high radon levels in the basement, which had to be ventilated, and missing and damaged shingles on the roof that would have reduced the roof's lifespan. So I would consider still getting a inspection after closing so that you can take care of significant issues before they become major problems.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 280 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.