cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going in Monday for the FHA Loan

tag
dadt2011a

Going in Monday for the FHA Loan

I worked back in Feb with my mortage person regarding building a home.  She pulled my CR and stated the only 2 items of concern were 1) a judgement 2) high util on my cc's. I was 10 points away from being pre-approved, but we went ahead and put $$ down for a custom built home. Our closing date is coming up on June 15 and I'm meeting with her to pull my CR.  My UTIL went from 68% on Revolving down to 21% on Revolving (wish it would be more, but cap1 hasn't updated in 2 months on my CR). My scores for Equifax & Transunions are in the 670's. I hope thats consistant with what she pulls  on Monday.

I just worry that its too soon to pull. If we have any issues come up, I may not close until the end of June and I'd rather not have my CR pulled again.

I send off my payment for the judgment on Wednesday and I hope to have that turned around by mid-May.

Any questions I should ask the LO?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Going in Monday for the FHA Loan

Appears you are moving along on schedule.  If the score hasn't improved enough by now, looks like there will still be time for you to pay down Cap 1 further and for it to report that way.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
guydiver
Established Contributor

If you can get your total revolving utilization down to 19% you should get a score boost, and down to 9% would boost it even more, barring any other negatives.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monday went well. My credit scores were 20 points higher than last time! This is even without Cap1 updating - so I'm estatic. We submitted everything to my LO and its been forwarded to underwriting. LO didn't see anything that would keep us from closing, but we would know in 2 weeks, if there's any issues to knock out.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.