Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Faith Estimate

tag
joy1979
Valued Member

Good Faith Estimate

I have received my Good Faith Estimate but don't quite understand it.  The total estimated settlement charges are $8,171.86. The homes purchase price is $76,000 plus POS 203K estimate is $10,084. Which brings the total sale price of the home to $86,084 or so I thought. On the GFE the bank has the loan as $85,855.40. The seller (BOA) has agreed to pay 3% or 2280 towards the closing cost. My question is does the bank factor the downpayment and closing cost into the GFE numbers. There doesn't seem to be a line on mine that indicates they have. I did put in a call to my LO but haven't heard bank from him yet. I'm getting anxious because we're less than a week away from closing. Thanks for your help. 

"When you know better you do better"
Maya Angelou
Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Good Faith Estimate

The NEW GFE is horrible - - you should have also received an itemization of costs - that should break it all down for you.

Also the GFE will not take out the credit so it looks like you are paying for everything.

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Understanding-the-New-2010-Good-Faith-Estimate/td-p/7...

Shane does a great job of breaking it all down if all you have is the GFE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 5
joy1979
Valued Member

Thanks a lot BrianB!

"When you know better you do better"
Maya Angelou
Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had asked the seller to pay $9,000 in closing costs, but they countered with saying they'd pay 2%.  Where and how would this change be reflected in a GFE? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.